Thursday, October 8, 2009

Our 'Wall of Fame'


I have been working on a project to add to Whitney and Ashley's I Made it Without my Hubby project...but it is not quite finished yet:( I am still working on it...so check back soon.

Anyway...I REALLY want to win the pink hammer at Shanty 2 Chic, SO I am going to enter this project that I did without my Hubby last year.

We call this our Wall of Fame. It is an old window frame that I bought from a friend. One of the panes was broken, so I broke the other out replaced the glass with sheet metal to create a magnet board. My boys LOVE to check out their pictures, awards and tests on the wall.

I used my hubby's tin snips to cut the metal to the size of the openings and stuck it on with liquid nails. I sanded off the loose paint on the window frame and left the rest 'as is' and I love it!

Edited to add: I forgot to mention before...we also use this as a dry erase board...you can see a few red words that were wiped off, but never really cleaned...oops should have done that before I took the picture, but no time now. We are off to soccer practice.

Go check out the other fun projects at the I Made it Without my Hubby party.

6 comments:

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Now that's a cute idea to do with a window....I like the metal and my boys would LOVE that too! Thanks for linking up with us! ~ Ashley

Delightful Dwelling said...

How cute! It looks very Pottery Barnish, but without the pricetag!

Leanne said...

Your wall of fame looks great. I can't wait to see the other project you're working on.

trish said...

Great job! :o) I did something very similar. :o)
Have a nice day.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I just loooove this idea...thanks for sharing it.

Blessings,
Linda

edeenut said...

I love it. I always wish I could find old windows like that.
Does the marker come off really easy? I had never thought to use the magnet surface as a marker board too!