Wednesday, January 13, 2010

zig-zag quilt


This is the quilt that I made for Jake for Christmas. I used the tutorial here. Jake picked out the fabric he wanted to use and I think it turned out pretty good. As I look more closely at the pictures I see that I still have some threads to cut.

I'm not sure if I will post a picture of Zac's quilt here. I started making him a wonky star quilt, but only finished about 5 blocks and decided I'd better get something else done to have it by Christmas. I started his the Friday before Christmas and he LOVES it, but I'm not too proud of it:) Maybe I'll finish the wonky star quilt for him and then show it here:)

OOPS...somehow I got the picture of the back on the top. I have just started using photobucket and am still trying to figure it out. Any advice would be GREAT!! My computer has become SO slow since I have started blogging that I think it might be because I was just loading photos from my hard drive. Anyone know? Also, my pictures are SO big now. Are they too big? Can you see them without scrolling? When I have time I am going to try to take my blog back to 2 columns instead of three.

Anyway...here is Jake's zig-zag quilt.











2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the zig zag quilt and looks like you used old shirts. love that too.
So, tell me, was it hard to quilt it? I have been wanting to do a zig zag and want to quilt it as you did, but don't want to take forever to do it.

foreverloyal said...

That is so cool.