Thursday, July 9, 2009

'Wild Thing' Quilt

I finished Hunter's quilt!! This is only the second quilt that I have pieced and quilted on the sewing machine. I am trying to get brave enough to try stippling, but until then, I will continue straight stitching:) For Hunter's quilt I used Camille's 'wild thing' pattern.

This quilt was a lot of fun! I wish the backing was a little lighter, but I used what Hunter chose. I used Moda's Arcadia fabric purchased from Cotton Patch Quilting. Right now they have the Arcadia charm packs on sale for $4(a GREAT deal).

One handmade Christmas present can be marked off my list. Now, if I can wait that long to give it to him. I'm going to have to hide it so that he will forget about it:)
Back of Quilt

4 comments:

Amber Lawson said...

That turned out so cute!! Everytime I see Kenzie's quilt I want to make one, but I am having a hard time being motivated!! Maybe you should come visit and get me started!

edeenut said...

I love this quilt pattern. It's on my LOOONg list of things to make.
I really like the way you quilted it and how cool is the H on the back that has frayed layered edges.
I think I'm liking your style,
the frayed letters on your pillow with the hands on it is SO cool.

I'll be back to check on your updates more :)

Unknown said...

Amy, you did a great job. Now you are a pro! I didn't know if it would be too big of a pain to push the quilt through the arm of the sewing machine or not. You made it look like it was a breeze!
Keep up the great work.

Controlling My Chaos said...

What a gorgeous quilt. I'm impressed that you are working on Christmas presents. You're so smart.